Saturday, May 10th, 2008 6:18pm
How To start Internet Marketing is probably one of the most sought after solutions on the World Wide Web. There has been a tremendous surge of buyers purchasing all manner of products without leaving their home or ever entering the mall. In 1995 the Internet business was an infant in the crib, commerce involved having the customer call on a telephone to give an order for a product displayed on a web page. The internet business progressed to slowly allow secure credit card transactions. Today billions of dollars trade hands easily from home based businesses with customers at work, at home or while the customer travels. The convenience of online shopping is taking marketing strategy by a mega storm.
The online shopping has allowed the customer to search and find a product of interest, then compare that product to similar products and prices without leaving the computer (home). This convenience has thousands wondering How to start Internet Marketing. The “window” of opportunity is wide open. Never has there been a universal HUGE market for whatever you are selling as there is today. Never has the prospects for your sales been so easy to contact, therefore enabling a sale.
By 1997 my company had grown to $100,000.00 a month selling and shipping a specialty computer product. One of my first online customers was the White House… $125,000.00 sale. My second online business was E-bay sales totaling $120,000+ in sales the first year. My first Google Adsense Account earned a maximum of $1500.00 in one month. Since December 1, 2004 I have averaged $580 every month. Google has paid my truck payment for 4 years! My next internet business was a nutrition company that still sells $75,000 a year in physical products. NOT ONE of these E-BUSSINESSes were e-cyberware (e-books, e-courses, cds etc.) these are all companies that sell a product and SHIP a product.
NOTICE! I did not say I earned $18,000 in 3 days, or $500,000 in a hype affiliate campaign. I worked in a California company and did not know how to turn a computer on. I soon learned that Internet Marketing was the next frontier of buying and selling. I resigned, moved to Arizona and went into Internet Marketing with no guru, no instructions or guides, no seminars available, with the idea that I could apply business practice and salesmanship to a webpage and sell products. Now where would you start? I failed miserably several times with ideas and practices. I have learned that there are basics that have to be learned, applied and followed if you want to build an internet business that makes $500 a month or $10,000 a month. Once you have negotiated the basics you can apply these same principals to build as large a business as you desire. These basics are the foundation of Internet Marketing. My cost to learn these basics:
- • 12 years and still fine tuning,
• $73,000 actual cash out of pocket,
• Loss of sales because I was still learning the basics; a minimum of $25,000 a year ($225,000.00)!
This website is the results of hundreds of requests from friends, relatives, business associates and friends of all the above who have inundated me with the question, “will you tell me how to start internet marketing?”
- • “How long does it take to get my first internet marketing check?”
• “How much can I make a month?” “How do I get Paid?”
• “We want to work at home too! Show us how you did it?”
• “We have an idea that we want to sell online, will it work?”
• “We need to know how you find products to sell?”
• “How do you collect the money?”
• “How do you get a website?”
• “What is a server and do I need one?”
• “Do I need a Mac or PC to do Internet Marketing?”
• “How do you do your accounting? Do you have to collect taxes?”
• “Who do I sell to?”
• “I want to sell on e-bay, what do I need?”
• “I have a website, can I use it to sell on?”
• “I want Google to make my house payment, What do I do to make it happen?”
• “I’ve never sold anything before, can I do this?”
• “I want to sell an e-book, how do I get started?”
• “I have an email address, that’s all, how do I get everything needed for an online business?”
• “How does one get started on google?”
• “I have a website, and a product on it, I don’t get any orders, what am I doing wrong?”
• “Do I have to have a toll free number for my online business?”
• “Can I sell other people’s products and have them drop ship to my customers for me?”
• “How much money do I need to start an internet business?”
• “Is there a step by step, “A” to “Z” plan to do an online business?”
• “Who can I get to help me set up the “basics” for my internet business?”
• “What is an affiliate?” “Can I do a business with just affiliate products?”
• “I work at a real job, I want an online business but I don’t have any savings, is there any way for me to start a business for extra income?”
• “Blog or website?”
• “What is a list? Do I need a list? How do I make a list?”
• “I’m 13 years old, too young to get a job, can I start an online business?”
• “I have two children under 5 years of age, I am a stay at home Mom with not a lot of surplus time, is there some way I could start internet marketing?”
• “I’m a writer, can I start an online business with my expertise?”
• “OK, so I’ll do the basics, how long before I can expect my first sale?”
• “What is a merchant account? Do I need one?”
• “How do I charge for shipping, won’t they expect free shipping?”
• “Should I BEWARE OF SOLICTORS?”
45 years ago when I was younger (12) and full of wonderment, on a moonless night, fishing our favorite fishing hole, I asked my Dad, “Dad, who am I and what is my purpose in life?” Without hesitating, he said, “Your name is Brad Brand and you are here to mow the lawn!” Well … my senior year in high school I started a lawn service in my home town of Naples, Florida and made more money after school, mowing lawns, than my Dad did in his construction business for the entire year! Mom said, “Son If I could just open your head and insert a tape so you could know all your parents mistakes so you wouldn’t have to waste that part of your life making the same mistakes as we did, then you could advance quicker and concentrate on achievements!” Take it from a guy who has been there, done that… don’t go there and stumble around for as long as I did before dashing for the bank! …Here’s your “tape”!
The ABC’s and XYZ of Internet Marketing
Nomenclature… The Internet Marketing business has a vernacular all its own, so to make it easy we will add a list of words, a glossary, with definitions to keep you from drowning in the “language”.
Send us your starting an online business question. I will respond, personally.
how to start internet marketing,how to build online business, internet marketing, online business